ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Workflow advice for simple animation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andrea Rassell
Workflow advice for simple animation
on Jun 1, 2016 at 10:39:21 pm

I'm looking for suggestions for a workflow to recreate the animated red dots from this video.

Ultimately I need a video (30fps, mov (h264), 720 × 392) showing the dots only with a transparent background. The original footage I'll be working with will have red dots, more opaque than this, with no outline, which is as I'd like them to finally appear too. I will then use it to layer it in Premiere.

I could import a still red dot asset into Premiere then individually animate each dot using keyframes and scale and position alterations but this would take me about 100 hours, so I'm here looking for alternative workflows. I thought perhaps there might be a way to isolate the red pixels from the background for example?

I'm posting this on the After Effects forum, as this is my preferred software since I have it and know it a little, but if anyone has any suggestions of other software I'm open to that too.

Btw I'm an experienced editor but an After Effects novice, just starting to learn masking and 2D animation techniques.

Thanks!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]