ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Re: Shatter delay

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

John Cuevas
Re: Shatter delay
on Jun 10, 2012 at 7:37:40 pm

Place your image/video into a new composition and apply the shatter effect. Leave the view on "Wireframe + Forces" for now and move the Current Time Indicator(CTI) to 4 seconds.

Twirl down "Force 1" and change the depth parameter to 1, this moves the force behind the layer. This is the force(object) that explodes the layer. Press the stop watch to set a keyframe. Now move the CTI 10 frames forward and change the depth to -1. This causes the force to break through your layer and explode it.

Notice in the settings, you can change the size of the force(Radius) and it's strength(How fast things will explode when impacted by the force).

As far as the tutorials I linked, they are all still relevant to AE and what you are trying to do. I understand that sometimes you need to accomplish something/project/deadline and might need to skip some learning steps, but you will absolutely grow to hate this program if you don't learn the basics. Try and take some time to look over the material and tutorials found here(Part 4 has links to Tutorials at the Cow and VideoCopilot and they are.... The one at VideoCopilot will have you up and with a basic understanding in a day or so.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]