ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Re: Multiframe Processing Questions

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

ronaldo montalvo
Re: Multiframe Processing Questions
on Mar 10, 2015 at 11:37:26 pm

i have 32 gigs of ram and a fast external drive and even when afx is the only app running i get the same problem, initializing forever and then sits there. for me this happens with even light comps of only a few layers and without audio. search the problem and it seems widespread. tried many variations on settings but haven't been able to get multi-processor previews to work correctly or quickly. it's just not useable. eventually found the only solution was to just turn of multi-processing for previewing and only use it for render function. seems pretty weak on adobe's part that the mp previewing is basically non-functional. hardly seems right to still blame it on yosemite OS, which has been out for six months, i would have expected adobe to come up with a solution to address a problem like this by now. (and is removing the audio from a project really a practical working solution to get MP previews that should just work without dorking around?) seems like adobe should fix this and release it quickly. the speed of addressing functional software fixes like this seems like it was one of adobe's selling points with the CC cloud. the whole afx preview model is creaky, slow and frustratingly inefficient anyway but not being able to use multi-processors for previewing just compounds the inherent problems afx has.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]