ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Re: AE Error:Output Module Stopped Responding----Days Estimate for 45 Second Output. Soluition?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Daniel Monskey
Re: AE Error:Output Module Stopped Responding----Days Estimate for 45 Second Output. Soluition?
on Dec 4, 2014 at 9:08:45 am

I turned off all other programs on my computer.
I output the project with only still photos as place-holders in the video window frames, as well as making simple data changes like personalizing the text so the only variable I was changing was eliminating the big video files.
It output in 1-1/2 hours--successful and clean.
I suspect the video files are way too big.
The videos are full-version Quicktime Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) files (as I mentioned they are 1.7GB - 3.4GB).
They do not need to be this big as I could chop them down and output them into a 45 second time length (they are 1:35 - 7:30 minutes). I just used the complete videos for convenience since I already had those FCP completed video files.

For the After Effects settings in the render que:
Quicktime format is the setting on the first box to open---no changes, that's the default for me.
On the 2nd Render setting box that pops up I change the setting from animated to Apple ProRes 422 (HQ. I make no other changes, except for the videos (not this time with the photos) I did check the audio box and make that 48.
I then select my destination setting as needed.
And I then hit Render.
With the videos the process crashed with that error message after 2-1/2 hours when it was going to take 75 hours. With the photo placeholders it took 1-1/2 hours and was success.
Should I re-output the videos in a different format using FCP (shortening them to 45 seconds)and use them ONLY as effects files for this project? Are there suggested setting that are different from the ones I listed above for the render que output process?
Dan

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]