stabilizing EXTREMELY vibration filled, shaky aerial footage from a 5D

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Samantha Bode
stabilizing EXTREMELY vibration filled, shaky aerial footage from a 5D
on Apr 24, 2013 at 2:23:42 am

Hi All!

I am trying to stabilize some footage and was wondering if I could get some pointers.

The footage was shot on a 5D with a 20 MM prime lens. It is aerial footage portraying the path of different holes on a golf course, shot using a tiny helicopter with a gimble head. I have tried EVERYTHING that I know of (warp stabilizer, mocha, lock and load, foundry's rolling shutter) and I keep getting the same results. JELLO!

My workflow right now is this: I warp stabilize the footage in after effects, adjusting the settings according to the shot, render it out, and that looks great! However, my next step is where the problem comes in. I bring it in to final cut, do some speed ramping, and realize that my footage (because of the drastic speed changes) looks shaky again. I then re-export out and bring the footage back into after effects, and do another warp stabilizer. This is where the jello happens. Any suggestions? What can I do so that I can speed ramp my footage without it being all vibration filled and shaky, but also without jello?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Samantha Bode

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]