ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Re: Selecting the composition layer that corresponds with the footage in my viewport.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ruud van Gerven
Re: Selecting the composition layer that corresponds with the footage in my viewport.
on Jan 4, 2013 at 10:37:55 am

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply! That would be a nice solution, but unfourtunately i've had to pre-compose every layer seperatly because i had to add custom adjustment layers and sfx to almost all the individual video layers. The pre-composed layers are as a big as my timeline, and not as big as the smaller video layers inside each one. I should have trimmed every composition to match the video layer duration but at that time, that seemed as a waste of time :p So now when i select the footage in my viewport, i actually select the transparancy of the top most composition. And when i use your solution now, i see all my layers.

I just finished this project, but for my next project i'm def gonna trim my compositions so that i can use the solutions you and Vishesh proposed. Still a new feature in the next AE would be appreciated. It shouldn't be to hard for adobe to add a feature to select the layer corresponding to the selected pixel in the viewport (ignoring transparency).

Anyways thanks for your help!

Grtz Ruud

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]