Re: NSF Funny Business

COW Forums : SAN - Storage Area Networks

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bob Zelin
Re: NSF Funny Business
on Jan 17, 2014 at 3:38:15 am

Hi Tate -
please understand that NFS is an integral part of the UNIX operating system, which is what is currently running on every Macintosh computer. OS X is called a "shell" to make UNIX look friendly to us users, but it's UNIX underneath. (just like the NEXT computer before OS X existed). So it's all there, it's just hidden by Apple. I have no idea why they do this. I am not promising anything (I am not that smart at this kind of stuff), but I see a lot of research on google, and hopefully, I will be able to compile something out of this, and get this to work properly. I understand your frustration. I am angered right now, from the lack of cooperation of Apple with EVERY MANUFACTURER on Creative Cow, and the huge delay that we are all facing with Thunderbolt 2 products. If Apple was a nice company, all the key companies (AJA, Blackmagic, Matrox, ATTO, Areca, Highpoint, Sonnet, Magma, etc, etc.) would all have their thunderbolt 2 products out right now, but everyone is playing catch-up. It's very frustrating.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
maxavid@cfl.rr.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]