Small video post production solutions

COW Forums : SAN - Storage Area Networks

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Stephen Cooper
Small video post production solutions
on Dec 4, 2012 at 10:21:47 pm

Hello

I've been looking around and trying to find the best solution for an upgrade to our systems. We're a very small production company that currently has two people that both work on mac platforms using FCPX, Motion, AE and Aperture as a library. Our current set up uses a late 2009 27" iMac (the one with the slow ethernet port) and a 2008 macbook both sharing projects and footage from a Synology DS1511+ with Raid 5 set up.
This current setup doesn't really offer the speed we need for the two stations editing simultaneously. So what is needed is a shared space that will be fast enough and offer the option of extra storage through daisy chaining or some other option.
One option that I've been looking at and what I need help with is:
2 x new iMac
1 x Drobo 5D
1 x what ever is suggested to serve the Drobo to the iMacs

One option I'd been thinking about was a Mac Mini but I'm unsure of how it would share to the iMacs. Could the USB3 ports be used in anyway?
I've also seen some of the Sonnet thundebolt products. Can any of these fill that gap: http://www.sonnettech.com/product/thunderbolt/

Like I say we are a small company and don't really have a great budget. So would just like some info on what would best suit our needs.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]