FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Isis 5000 and 7000

COW Forums : SAN - Storage Area Networks

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Raudonis
Re: Isis 5000 and 7000
on Nov 8, 2012 at 5:31:30 pm

ISIS 5000: Limit of 90 connected clients. 7000= limited only by the bandwidth of your switches.

We have 3 ISIS 5000's. You're probably wondering why we didn't go with the 7000. Real estate and geography were part of the decision. We're located in two different buildings across a wide boulevard.
Interconnectivity between the buildings was limited until we sprang for 10gig fibre under the street.
With that in place, anyone on the company intranet can access ISIS 1, 2 , or 3. So... my suggestion would
be the isis 5000 is a great building block and you won't be penalized if you have to grow beyond the 90 seats or storage capacity limit. There is an advantage to having separate systems located in different buildings but interconnected. Example: load full rez media on ISIs 1 in building 1, but store original media (Discs, chips etc) in other building. Instant redundancy in the event of fire, earthquake, etc.

Deciding between the two is really up to your own specific requirements. Coming from an X-SAN install, I can say I LOVE the sys admin controls... very nice.

Good luck.

Mark

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]