Creative COWSIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
SAN:SAN ForumSAN TutorialsApple Xsan Forum

Re: Avid Unity with Debian linux

COW Forums : SAN - Storage Area Networks

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bob ZelinRe: Avid Unity with Debian linux
by on Jul 30, 2012 at 3:41:43 pm

AVID Unity is a specialized software program that can handle the AVID databases properly.
A standard network might drive you crazy - if you have read Eugeny's posts about setting up a standard
network, and using AVID, you will see the limitations that you must follow to have this work.

I build the Final Share shared storage system, and I follow Eugeny's recommendations, or I use
Studio Network Solutions SANmp, with GlobalSAN, which creates an iSCSI target, with initiators for the clients. This allows for a volume based shared storage solution for AVID - but not the slick implementation that AVID gives you with Unity or ISIS software.

So if you build a generic linux server, you will face limitations, even if you get better performance.

Bob Zelin

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESJOBSNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn GroupCreative COW Facebook PageCreative COW on Twitter
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]