PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: Varicam2700 vs H

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeff Regan
Re: Varicam2700 vs H
on Mar 22, 2011 at 2:08:03 am

Chris, I have two Letus Ultimate 35mm adapters and a Letus B4 Pro 2/3" relay lens. I don't think they're better than the Pro35, but quite similar and much less money when new.

The whole "Full HD" or "Full Raster" thing is just marketing, 720P using AVC-Intra 100 IS full raster. In the days of DVCPRO HD, 720P was limited to 960 horizontal. Now it's 1280 horizontal, so one could argue that if 720P was considered good in the tape Varicam days, it's now really good, especially when combined with 10-bit color depth and the efficiency of MPEG4.

As far as spanned clips, I can't remember if that can be defeated. I have never had an issue with spanned clips in post, at least none that a client has called me about.

The 2700 has more latitude, true Native frame rate recording, a much more sophisticated studio quality codec, Film Rec 600%, more variable frame rates, 32 bit DSP, additional gammas, chroma control, hi-color(not to be used with Film-Rec), color correction in addition to matrix controls, five P2 cards are like carrying a case of tape in the camera, no more cueing of takes, much faster data transfer, meta data, proxy option, CAC--really a big, big step over a legacy tape Varicam.

Jeff Regan
Shooting Star Video
http://www.ssv.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]