PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: Varicam2700 vs H

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeff Regan
Re: Varicam2700 vs H
on Mar 22, 2011 at 1:55:10 am

Robin,

I got 5x transfer speed with data verification off on a 16 minute test. Please see the NexTo thread above. Obviously, the NexTo has more media flexibility than a P2 only solution, but the MSU10 is more of a rental customer friendly device, I think.

I like being able to slide the HDD tray out of the unit and connect it directly to a computer via dual USB or eSata. Of course, one could have multiple trays with HDD's or SSD's to work with on long form projects.

One issue that I have run into, besides not being able to playback clips, is when connecting to an external HDD, my Mac OS formatted drive was not recognized by the MSU10, so it looks like PC formatted drives are necessary, unless using a laptop in between MSU10 and external HDD's. More testing is needed.

Again, what I would buy for myself is often different than what is best for rental clientele. If there is a problem with data transfer, at least I was using a Panasonic solution, much like always using Sony tape with Sony camcorders--a way to cover oneself.

Jeff Regan
Shooting Star Video
http://www.ssv.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]