PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: Varicam2700 vs H

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

chris magid
Re: Varicam2700 vs H
on Mar 18, 2011 at 3:08:35 pm

Excellent report. Thanks Jeff.

Our H has been a workhorse.

All the reasons you stated are the reasons we decided to take advantage of the Panasonic trade in offer on the 2700. I had an old BetaSP rig collecting dust. Great deal.

Just hoping to dial in the same look on the 2700 as we had on the H. A good film look or flat film response for grading in post. Any suggestions?

And is there a way to prevent clip spanning over 2 P2 cards. Would like to turn that off and just jump to the next card. Seems like an odd thing to do. Suppose I could just keep one card unlocked at a time.

Any experience with the best Letus 35mm adapter on the 2700? We use a PS Technic Pro35 at the moment. But lots of folks say the Letus is better now.

Definitely agree that on most faces 720p is still the way to go and has a lot life in it.

Matter of fact, when the new cameras come out at NAB I hope there still is a 720p version. Doubt it though. Think 35mm sensor and 1080p is going to be it. Hopefully we get enough control to dumb it down when needed.

Oh. Anyone want an H in good shape?

Chris Magid
RTVF

chris magid
chris@gortvf,com
Renaissance Television & Film
http://www.gortvf.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]