PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: NanoFlash Review (PAL Varicam)

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Peter Corbett
Re: NanoFlash Review (PAL Varicam)
on May 10, 2010 at 1:51:29 am

[Ernie Santella] "And no, I don't work for Nano or anything, just wanted to post my field test. This is perfect for us with Varicams or HDX900's."

Just a note for 50Hz Varicam users in PAL countries. I've been testing the Nano extensively with a Varicam H-series, and my conclusion is that the audio will not sync up in 25P mode on the Varicam. This is becasue of the constant 60Hz/60fps Varicam recording in which the Nanoflash can't pick up the corrected audio when recording in 25fps Crank mode. The pictures look fine but the sound is out of sync.

Also, I think it is due to the 60fps thing, but T/C triggering the Nano in 25P mode leads to a two-second delay before recording starts on the CF cards (I'm using Sandisk Extreme 64gb 90mbs cards in case someone thinks it's the cards causing this).

I still really like the Nano and will use it on other cameras. If anyone has a workaround for PAL/50Hz/25P AJ-HDC27 filming, I would love to hear it.

Regards,
Peter

Peter Corbett
Powerhouse Productions
http://www.php.com.au

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]