PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: NanoFlash Review

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ernie Santella
Re: NanoFlash Review
on May 9, 2010 at 3:42:07 pm

I did think of selling my HDX900, but I do have clients that still want to walk away with tape at the end of the day. So, I decided to keep it. Plus, I didn't like the idea of buying a used camera that I have no idea how it was used and maintained. My camera is 4 years old and still looks brand-new.

A couple things I can add... Nano will be releasing a 10Bit update for the NanoFlash soon. That will be great. I just like the company. It's Colorado-based (where I am) They release great new features in each update. (Timelapse, Under/Over cranking etc) They are very sharp to what us pro's need.

Something that turns me off is that, I don't like the fact that P2 is Proprietary storage. Kinda' rings of what AVID did that with their AVID only hard drives, That's not good for the industry. Panasonic can charge whatever they want for storage. We need more universal, easy access storage. (I want our production world to be BetaCamSP again - haha)

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]