PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: New Products

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Kevin Bachar
Re: New Products
on Mar 3, 2009 at 3:55:48 pm

Dear Helmut,

When I read your post it sure had a lot of ..."in one or two years". I'm working now ..not in the future...unless I can get that Delorean working again with those Jilowatts. On the how I work question ...I can only talk about how I work and what I do. On the power front, I'm heading to Argentina now to shoot and the generator at the place where we are staying is only on for 4 hours a day. So ...you tell me do I break in the middle of the day to get my download time in? I don't think so. As I have said ...if P2 works for you ...great...but in my conditions for my shooting it doesn't. i was at Jackson Hole Wildlife Film Festival in 2005 when Panasonic introduced the first P2 camera. Needless to say...there was excitement...but a bit of - huh? How does this work for us in the field...it almost seemed a step backward in terms of downloading - reminded many of changing mags...and needing an AC or now a DIT. Of course the P2 has come a long way since then..but one of the essential questions raised back in 2005 was this. I asked everyone to raise their hands if they have had a computer or hard drive crash over the last year...half the room raised their hands. I then asked if anyone had had a tape failure in the field over the last year...no hands raised. Again...let me make it clear I am not against solid state for the right shoots..go to http://www.aetv.com/jacked/ to see my series that was shot on the EX1. Like I said the proper tool for the right job...it's just what you are hearing from people like myself and Tom and Erich is that the F900, and the tape based Varicam, or Panasonic 900 is still the best way to get the shot and show in the can. I'm glad it works for you in what you do, but for others, sorry it isn't working. The 3700, the 2700 and now the mini 1/3" 300 (Big HUH! who is that for)....3 cameras and each does something different...how about one that does it all. I think if you have invested in one of these then of course you need to make a case for why it works and why it works best. For me I own both Sony (F900) and Panasonic (Varicam) product and EX 1 (3 of them) so I really don't have my apples all in one cart. I'm looking at this from a strict production view and what is best for the projects I work on. Anyways...as always ...my two cents...nothing more.

Kevin Bachar - http://www.pangolinpictures.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]