PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Rates

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dale West
Rates
on Dec 7, 2008 at 11:13:10 pm

Just wanted to get a feeling about how the economy is effecting rates around the country. Just had a request that was so off the wall I wondered if something was going on and I was not seeing it.
Had a national cable channel contact me about shooting 2 days of 2-camera VariCam. Sent a quote that also included a jib/operator/assistant.
Got a reply saying that they were going to hold the jib day until next year but wanted to know if I could do the shoot for $1500.00/10hrs for each crew. But they still wanted VariCam. I told the PM that while I would like to work for them I could not do it for the requested rate. I did however drop the quote $300 for each crew. They again said that they could not pay any more than 1500 so I politely passed. Gotta hope that one day we will be back and don't want to p_ _ s anyone off.
I know that its important for us to make smarter quotes and be sure that we really need the items we put in there but man....$1500/day seems a little unrealistic. I have my spies out to see who would do the gig for that rate. I honestly don't think any of the guys I know with VariCams would do it but you never know.
Anyway just curious what others are seeing.

best

Dale West Video
North Miami, FL
305-892-1201

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:
  • Rates by Dale West on Dec 7, 2008 at 11:13:10 pm
    • Re: Rates by john sharaf on Dec 8, 2008 at 12:55:39 am
      • Re: Rates by Dale West on Dec 8, 2008 at 1:55:17 am
        • Re: Rates by Chris Bell on Dec 9, 2008 at 1:59:51 am

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]