PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

AVCCAM Viewer doesn't work

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Seth Marshall
AVCCAM Viewer doesn't work
on May 13, 2011 at 6:40:00 pm

I just finished a shoot with my AF100 and the prod company needs to log footage but the person doing so isn't using FCP. During the shoot I backed up all my cards by creating Disk Images of each using FCP's Log and Transfer utility.

I referred them to Panasonic's AVCCAM viewer downloadable on their website but they couldn't get it to work. I myself went ahead and downloaded it but it isn't recognizing my Disk Images after I mount them and isn't letting me change the source in the "copy" function. It simply says "No SD/Blu Ray disc drive" (Mac's don't have Blu Ray anyhow....I'm NOT impressed with this program at all..)

I've read the useless manual and as far as I can tell this program is worthless.. Does anyone know how to get it to work?

Also, anticipating there may be issues, last night using FCP Log and Transfer I transcoded everything to ProResLT. I had about 400 clips total and it appears 2 of them didn't transcode. There is an "!" next to it and when I retry the transfer utility just hangs. Are these corrupted clips? Is this normal and can I fix them?

Why did we go tapeless again?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]