PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: No audio on HMC-40 footage in Ingest preview or FCP?!

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Graham Sykes
Re: No audio on HMC-40 footage in Ingest preview or FCP?!
on Apr 19, 2011 at 5:28:45 pm

Well, I just loaded the original files back onto a card and played back through the camera. No audio and video playback is fine. This leads me to think there must have been a problem during shooting. It makes sense looking at the evidence but doesn't square up with my memory of the shoot. Granted, when video says one thing and my "memory" says another, I tend to doubt my memory.
But to shoot a program over an hour long with headphones on the entire time listening in and watching the meters do their job?? Watching the footage I can recall moments when I was listening and watching when my meters almost pegged because of feedback from the PA system or hearing the presenters ice in his glass tinkling around when he took a drink over the LAV and the cross talk from the table of people sitting a few feet in front of me being picked up by the shotgun mic. Maybe I imagined all that but that seems just as unlikely...Not sure what my next move is.
I agree that there shouldn't be any reason to shoot over a card that hasn't been taken through post. I have had others go through this experience and I thought I had learned from them. 4 cards with 5 assignments in a row means that something has to get bumped. Naturally, it had to be the one I am having issues with. I don't hold the purse strings here and I lobbied for us to have 4 cards instead of the single card we started with (small agency with even smaller video production dept....me) so maybe now this will come as another nice reminder to my boss.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]