PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: No audio on HMC-40 footage in Ingest preview or FCP?!

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Graham Sykes
Re: No audio on HMC-40 footage in Ingest preview or FCP?!
on Apr 19, 2011 at 11:42:35 am

Not quite sure what you mean by "Play through the tape" do you mean through the camera? That was my first instinct. Find the original card, play through camera and see if audio is present.
I have the card that contained the event in question but I had already formatted it and shot an interview on top of it. That being said, I do not just save the QT ingest files but rather take the entire file hierarchy (DCIM, etc, etc) and transfer that to a separate HD on my machine and then log and transfer from that.
When I am done I have the original contents of the card along with the QT ingest files for backup. So in essence, I feel that I have the originals (though my transfer method from card to HD is click and drag and not some bit by bit x-fer software) which I can revisit with the log and transfer process at any time.
That is a good suggestion about checking the audio portion of the Log and transfer dialog and I will do that. I thought my settings may have been incorrect so I visited another projects original files to play back through log and transfer and they all had audio..including the interview I shot later that day and several others from over the weekend. Is there something I can look at within the original cards fire hierarchy to determine if I am truly out of luck?

Thank you for your response. It is very much appreciated and I will follow up on your suggestions.

EDIT: I started a recover process on the card that had been written over in the event that I might be able to recover something. Not sure how that will differ from the original files I copied from the SD but I am gonna try.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]