PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

No audio on HMC-40 footage in Ingest preview or FCP?!

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Graham Sykes
No audio on HMC-40 footage in Ingest preview or FCP?!
on Apr 18, 2011 at 4:12:02 pm

So I am really confused and a bit worried. I recently shot an event and it would appear that none of the audio was picked up. I was shooting with an HMC-40 and had the audio split between two devices. Channel one for the on board shotgun and channel two for the presenters LAV. I usually pick the best track in post and just double up on it for stereo. Works fine for my purposes and I have yet to have a problem...until now.

During the shoot in questions I could see my audio levels responding accordingly on the LCD and could hear the audio through the headphones. I usually lift one earphone away from one ear to toggle between the LAV and the shotgun to confirm I am getting audio from both devices.
I should also note that I shot several events the same day as this shoot as well as several others in the following days all without any problems or changes to my audio settings.
After downloading the footage from the card, I went to ingest everything into FCP (ver.7.0.3) and I don't have any audio. It isn't present when I preview the footage through the log and transfer dialog box nor is it present after putting it down on the line. I am really confused and very worried that I lost all my audio. The Audio line is just flat as if I didn't have any devices plugged in but I know for a fact that I both "saw" and heard my audio while recording. Thoughts? Ideas? Ughh.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]