PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: Deciding between Panasonic AG-DVX100B or AG-HMC40

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chip Thome
Re: Deciding between Panasonic AG-DVX100B or AG-HMC40
on Aug 1, 2010 at 7:34:53 am

I bought a pair of used DVX100Bs 5 months ago, and love 'em. One had 10 hours, one had 26 hours and I paid 2500 for the pair with Kata bags. Buying a new DVX would be a waste of money, IMO.

The 40, just face it, you need new software and new hardware to go to HD and work with it easily and well. That was one part of my reasoning to go with the DVXs over the 40. I am upgrading my computing on my schedule now, not the cameras.

The next of my reasons, the DVXs were added to existing GS models, as I often shoot 4 cams. I got into both DVXs for less than what 1 HMC150 would have cost. The last of it, the vast differences between the two cameras. The 40 shares a lot with the consumer cam, but nothing with the HMC150. When I tossed in the fact CMOS still has some issues that are slowly being rectified, the DVX just came out on top.

Going with the DVX now and putting an upgrade path together for your software and hardware, and replacing the DVX later on with the next version of the 40 might be a real option worth considering, for you.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]