PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: Got my HMC-150 - Recommendations how to solve two problems

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Guy McLoughlin
Re: Got my HMC-150 - Recommendations how to solve two problems
on Jul 27, 2010 at 12:51:11 am

Q1: how do I get Adobe Primere to recognize the .MTS files from the camcorder ?

Hmmm... Is this the latest version of Premiere ?

I haven't used Premiere in a very long time, but I had thought that the latest version of Premiere had no problems with AVCHD files, including those from the HMC-150.

I edit with Sony Vegas Pro 9.0e, which has absolutely no problems with the files my HMC-150 creates.

Q2: This morning, I had to shoot video of students giving a presentation in a conference room. The lights were out and the presenters used a LCD projector. The problem I had was that the display from the projector was bright but the student talking was fairly dark (Illuminated by only sunlight coming into the room and the projector lighting). I was able to open the iris up until I could see both but the projector screen was way overexposed - kinda readable but still overexposed.

There is nothing you can do. When I shoot in these situations, I do not allow the presenter to turn off all the lights in the room, so that I am able to still get a good exposure on the presenter. Otherwise, I have to bring a small fresnel light like the 250 watt Lowel Pro Light, which I aim at the presenter, and then dim it down to balance with the projector light.

Q3: when I move the camera slightly, or the student moves from side to side, I get slight noise on the edges of the person. Anyone know what could be causing this and if there is a setting that will prevent this ?

Are you shooting in 24P, 30P, 60P progressive mode, or are you shooting in 60i interlaced mode ? Progressive should look great, but interlaced my give you motion "combing" if the footage is viewed on a computer and has not been de-interlaced first.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]