PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Got my HMC-150 - Recommendations how to solve two problems

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

William Dedula
Got my HMC-150 - Recommendations how to solve two problems
on Jul 26, 2010 at 6:48:08 pm

Hello All;
I just got my HMC150 a few weeks ago and had a chance to use it for a real project this morning and will use it again tomorrow morning.

I encountered two problems that I would like recommendations on how to fix. I also have one question.

First, the question - how do I get Adobe Primere to recognize the .MTS files from the camcorder ? I downloaded the AVCHD transcoder4 from Panasonic's site but that didn't seem to help.

And now the two problems. This morning, I had to shoot video of students giving a presentation in a conference room. The lights were out and the presenters used a LCD projector. The problem I had was that the display from the projector was bright but the student talking was fairly dark (Illuminated by only sunlight coming into the room and the projector lighting). I was able to open the iris up until I could see both but the projector screen was way overexposed - kinda readable but still overexposed. I am wondering what you'd suggest in a situation like this? Assuming I can't control the lighting, is there any camera setting that will help this situaton and/or is there any way to fix it using Final Cut Pro in post-production ?

My second problem is that when I move the camera slightly, or the student moves from side to side, I get slight noise on the edges of the person. Anyone know what could be causing this and if there is a setting that will prevent this ?

I would like to try to get some suggestions of things I can try to see if I can improve my video tomorrow morning when i'll be in the same shooting situation.

Thanks much.

Tim

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]