PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: hmc 150, final cut express 4 and 2.8GHz (intel duo core)iMac

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Masud Haq
Re: hmc 150, final cut express 4 and 2.8GHz (intel duo core)iMac
on Dec 12, 2008 at 11:37:21 am

I will upgrade to FCP soon but first I will need to upgrade the hardware. In the mean time, my hcp150 arrived and I was testing it with FCE 4.01. I used FCE's log and transfer window to ingest the video clips which converts it into Apple intermediate codec (AIC). In PH mode 1080/60i works without any issues at all. PH1080/30p works but the first three and half seconds of the ingested AIC converted video is jerky, but the rest of the AIC converted clip is very good without any issues and is usable. In both cases the sound is synchronized quite well. The ingest process with 2.4GHz Intel Macbook Pro w/ 4GB RAM was reasonably quick - it took about the same time as the duration of the clip which is kinda like ingesting from a miniDV tape.

I have not yet tested the 720 modes, but given the other reviews and blog posts I have read, I suspect there will be issues. I will post here if I have any interesting findings in the 720 modes.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]