PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: Which camera is best?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Lynette Gilbert
Re: Which camera is best?
on Nov 19, 2008 at 3:34:19 am

We send to both national and local news stations. Everyone currently requests b-roll on Beta, occasionally DVD. (This is b-roll of animals - we're a zoo. This footage airs on everything from local cable to Jumbotrons to commercials on cable. Occasionally networks like Discovery will request footage from us as well.)

My main concern is cost. I'm looking at a budget of $10,000, a budget that's already been cut to zero dollars and I had to beg for it back. Pretty much what I buy now is all I get budget-wise for the next 5 years. I don't want to commit to the HVX and end up having to go out and spend thousands more in a year or two, because I won't have that money and I'll be screwed.

As far as our archives, we have footage stretching back to the 1940's on everything from film to Umatic to Beta to Hi-8 to MiniDV, so NOTHING matches.

Since we have DV now, I don't want to have to revamp our entire system because again, I have no money.

I feel like I'm talking myself out of the HVX, which is what I ideally want, but I just feel like the cost is way too much at this. So can I get away with using the DVX for another five years?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

podcasts
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]