PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

P2 Issues - Digital Dropout (REDUX)

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael Morabe
P2 Issues - Digital Dropout (REDUX)
on Jan 26, 2012 at 12:09:56 am

Hey guys, I've done A LOT of research through the forums and numerous posts about digital dropouts from Panasonic readers and now we've finally had the problem more lately.

We had recently switched over to FCP 7 in lieu of X being retarded and since, we've had problems importing footage from Log and Transfer and also P2CMS > Raylight.

We all run Mac Pro's, 8-core, 64-bit, Snow Leopard, and we don't daisy chain the capture reader. On a recent capture today, I used our AJ-PCD20 to bring in 4-8 minute clips to edit, and noticed dropout in more than a few spots. I decided to make the edits before recapturing with my HVX200A, and to no avail, still dropout. I'm now attempting to use P2CMS (with Compare on) with my HVX200A and use Raylight to convert the .mxf's which is what I've usually been doing to see if the problem is consistent.

Has anyone found a FOOL PROOF way to bring in this footage without any problems? We are going to be doing live webcasts and need to be able to offload the P2 footage live and hotswapping the cards soon and we REALLY need to figure out this problem!

THANKS!

FCP 7 Editor, Gaffer, Grip, Camera man...Swiss Army Knife!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]