PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Understanding DV-tape... A workaround with the HVX-200a

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Gary Goldblum
Understanding DV-tape... A workaround with the HVX-200a
on Sep 26, 2011 at 4:41:34 am

I just got a call for a fairly large project, which I want to land. I own a HVX-200a and am the recommended videographer for this project. I am looking for a workaround, because I am not sure my HVX-200a is the right camera for this project. It is several days long, and using P2 cards doesn't seem like a good workflow.

I have spoken with another videographer who has been hired by this company. They are insisting on HD video, preferably filmed to tape. He uses a Canon camcorder (not sure of the model...XL-H1?) that records to mini-dv tape (in HD). The HVX-200a can only record in standard def to mini dv tape....The entire project is basically interviews in an office setting, so a stand alone machine might also work....

(1) is there a stand alone tape recorder that would work in this situation?

(2) Is recording to a mini dv really HD and why do models by Sony or Canon do it, but my HVX-200 cannot?

(3) Am I better off renting a different camera for this project or investing in a newer camera?

Thanks

Gary

Thanks!

Gary

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]