PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Why no midrange camera that meets MY specs?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Trevor Ward
Why no midrange camera that meets MY specs?
on Mar 20, 2011 at 2:42:20 pm

I love the PRICE of the AF100. Around $5000. Love the SPECS of the HPX3100. But why isn't there a camera in the middle of the line up for ME?

Ok, so I know about the HPX370. But that camera has only 1/3" chip, and it is CMOS at that. 1/3" chips don't offer the depth of field I want. And CMOS has the rolling shutter issue. Also, the 370 is actually too big for me. Yeah, ergonomics are slightly better, but I travel a lot and I don't need the big camera.

The AF100 is almost the camera for me, but it's CMOS chip has too many problems for me to be the perfect midrange camera. I don't mind the ergonomics, that it's a handheld camera and not a shoulder mount. I don't mind that it shoots onto inferior SD cards or it shoots in AVCHD. 4:2:0 long gop recording seems to be pretty acceptable for most things I do.

Give me the AF200! It's all the same as the AF100, but it has 2/3" CCDs. Or even 1/2" CCDs. It only costs $1000 more. Or, throw in the option of P2 recording and I'll pay another $2000. Or, have two card slots and offer the ability to record to both slots at the same time, for redundancy recording, and I'll pay another $1000 for that.

Now, for $10,000 I've a camera that would really fit my needs and my desires. C'mon Panasonic, let's see if you really have your finger on the market.

-trevor ward
Red Eye Film Co.
http://www.redeyefilmco.com
orlando, fl

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]