PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: Intercutting HPX170 & EX3 - Continuity

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dan Brockett
Re: Intercutting HPX170 & EX3 - Continuity
on Jan 22, 2011 at 4:36:50 am

Isaac:

I have a client who owns the EX1s, I shoot with them often and they essentially look the same as the EX3. I own the HPX170. IMHO, you will never, ever match the two in the way you are attempting. EX3 is much sharper, different colorimetry, gamma, matrix, knee. I agree with the other advice, if you want them to match, rent another of either.

I am shooting a long term doc with my HPX170 and my 5D MKII in interviews. Same issue, they will never match in a million years. Luckily I am going for the mixed media look and will usually be using one or the other in a given interview, even though I am rolling both side by side.

If you want low end cameras to match, using identical models is just a starting point, even two HPX170s or EX3s setup identically will never match perfectly although the texture and general feel will be the same. It is amazing how different even two of the same models adjusted with the same settings can look.

With pro cameras with CCUs, you hire an engineer to paint the cameras to match each other and you can nail them to each other. But with low end cameras, not going to happen usually.

Dan

A Producer Who Is Also A DP? Yep, that's Me.

http://www.danbrockett.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]