PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: P2 Workflow efficiency ratios compared to tape.

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

John Fishback
Re: P2 Workflow efficiency ratios compared to tape.
on Aug 28, 2010 at 5:16:25 pm

I'm with Shane. The P2 workflow has greatly accelerated our post process. We do a lot of work with actors and typical scenes last 30 to 60 seconds. Our workflow with P2, and formerly tape, is to review each circled take and decide whether it should be transferred. With P2 once that decision is made the clip is transferred, and that happens before you can look at the log notes for the next take. We never wait during the P2 ingest process. With tape I'd be sitting around for the (wasted) time it took for the tape to cue and roll for capture. If you transfer long spanned clips, you can add them all to the queue and walk away to do something else. And as Shane says, once the first clip is in you can start your edit.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.2, Motion 4.0.2, Comp 3.5.2, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.2)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]