PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: HVX time lapse

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

James Hilton
Re: HVX time lapse
on Aug 25, 2010 at 12:27:00 pm

How long do you want the final sequence to be. If it is 60s, then you need 60 * 24 = 1440 frames. Over 100 hours that comes out at 14 an hour at an absolute minimum.

Talking from experience, more is better as it gives you more options when editing. For example you can merge frames, or decimate frames as needed.

There are three types of time-lapse motion blur, stuttered, normal or maximum blur. I doubt you will be able to keep the shutter speed at 50% or more of the shutter interval, so you may end up with some form of stuttered movement if there is lots of continuous movement going on in the shot.

I dislike speeding up footage in FCP etc when you have duration of more than 1s between frames as you can often end up with a single frame with an object that is moving fast appearing in several areas with some blur between where individual frames have been merged. Having said that it can produce an interesting effect when the time is right, so I never write off the idea of doing it.

My advice would be try 1 frame every 5s as a starting point. How are you going to handle exposure, is lighting going to remain fairly constant as ideally you want to lock the exposure? Make sure you have colour balance on manual.

My worry would be keeping the camera in a constant position each day, with no movement and getting the right compromise for the exposure. Fame rate would be the least of my worries to be honest.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]