PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Grey blocks in 'Log and Transfer' and 'Export using Quicktime Conversion'

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Lyle Aspinall
Grey blocks in 'Log and Transfer' and 'Export using Quicktime Conversion'
on Aug 22, 2010 at 6:34:13 am

I'm using an HVX200, shooting to a P2. I'm editing in Final Cut Pro on a MacBook Pro.

If I shoot anything above 480i, I get seven grey blocks (three on each side and one in the middle) in my footage in the viewer in Log and Transfer and, ultimately, when I Export using QuickTime Conversion. But the blocks don't show up in the FCP timeline. The blocks also don't show up when viewing the clips in-camera, but they DO show up when viewing them via P2CMS.

Furthermore, the blocks don't show up when exporting a full self-contained QuickTime, but if I try compressing that resulting file, even in QuickTime and fully away from FCP, the blocks show up again. That alone makes me wonder if it's a QuickTime issue.

Here's a summary…
GREY BLOCKS DO SHOW UP:
- in viewer in Log and Transfer
- in final video when using Export using QuickTime Conversion
- in P2CMS viewer
- when using QuickTime 7 Pro to convert a clean, full self-contained QuickTime file that was built from the affected clips in FCP

GREY BLOCKS DON'T SHOW UP:
- in the FCP timeline viewer
- when viewed in-camera
- when video is exported as a full self-contained QuickTime

Not sure if it matters, but I've set my machine to prefer QuickTime 7 Pro over the QuickTime 10 Player that came bundled with it.

I've seen some people pose questions about this grey-block issue, but none have successfully been answered. I already tried uninstalling Flip4Mac (one person suggested this) and removing Perian (another suggestion) but neither made any difference.

A little help? I'm ready to pull out my hair.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]