PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

missing P2 footage.

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Catherine Tyc
missing P2 footage.
on Mar 6, 2010 at 4:57:27 am

Hey there,

I have a question about some missing footage that I discovered during my "Log and Capture" session a couple of days ago.

The last file in one folder cuts off at the very end. After this part was shot, a new card was put in.

In logging, this part of an interview is cut off ad then the proceeding folder starts at the very end of the next part of an interview that was shot. Everything that was shot at the beginning of this new card is nowhere to be found.

Its bizarre because everything was cohesively shot together so its confusing as to where the tail end & beginning of these interviews that partially exist went. I have searched through all the footage to see if maybe it was just misfiled and nothing has come up.

One suggestion was that information could have been lost when the shoot was toggled from one card to the next in the camera. At the beginning of this shoot, one of the P2 cards in the set also kept coming up with error signals but apparently the person we are renting them from had reformatted the card in question and we haven't had the error since.

Any thoughts and suggestions would be very much appreciated as we are still shooting and really need to figure out how to avoid this happening in the future.

Thanks !

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]