PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: Camera + Lens Recommendations?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris Wright
Re: Camera + Lens Recommendations?
on Jan 20, 2010 at 4:25:20 am

Thanks for your feedback. Interesting that you should mention the HPX2000 - I had ruled it far out of my price range, as its listed at $27,000 with no lens. Even then, it is difficult to find. There are not many stores online that carry it and all of them list it at retail price, no less. I prefer to shop at B&H Photo, and even they don't seem to have the camera. I could find some cases for it and even the AVC-Intra Board, but not the camera itself. Of course I'll be waiting for NAB to see about any successors to this camera or the HPX500, but in the meantime do you know of any reliable places that carry this camera at less than retail? You mention $14k, would that be used?

On the lens suggestion: I found it at B&H for $8k, which is reasonable. It lists it as supporting servo zoom, but manual focus. Now, I had been under the impression that servo focus was required for it to be controlled remotely, but on doing some more research I've found some zoom/focus controllers that are labeled manual focus/servo zoom. Does this mean that I was incorrect, and you can have remote focus control for a manual focus lens? If that is the case, then what's the difference between servo focus and manual focus on a lens?

For example, I found this lens at B&H:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/351633-REG/Fujinon_A18X7_6ERD_S_A18x7...

It does list servo focus as well as servo zoom, but otherwise appears to be pretty similar to the lens you recommended. Yet it costs almost $5,000 more! Can you tell me what justifies the added cost here?

Thanks again,
Chris

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]