PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: Quality of HVX / HPX in 24p vs HMC150 in 1080

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ronald Wilk
Re: Quality of HVX / HPX in 24p vs HMC150 in 1080
on Dec 29, 2009 at 6:14:00 pm

Couldn't agree more in regards to your EX sentiments. Most of the derogatory comments that I have read in re the HPX300 have been from people repeating third party opinions rather than actual owner/users. After all, there are some intensely obvious biases put forth by Sony owners, some of whom actually admit to their bias, so, a grain of salt is required in those instances. In my case, I have had ample time to compare the two, having owned both at the same time (EX3 and 300) and having discarded the Ex3. That's not to say that the EX3 did not produce wonderful images but for my purposes its negatives more than outweighed its positives.

But I have another pet peeve, and that refers to the phrase, "low light." How does one determine where low light begins and ends? IMO it's a meaningless attempt to describe a lighting environment and probably should be supplanted with something more quantifiable. From my perspective it's almost like trying to describe the intensity of a specific hue without using actual, reproducible values but enough of my rant.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]