PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: Quality of HVX / HPX in 24p vs HMC150 in 1080

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ronald Wilk
Re: Quality of HVX / HPX in 24p vs HMC150 in 1080
on Dec 29, 2009 at 3:45:14 pm

Hi Jeff:

First off, allow me to address your lament, in re gain. The HPX 300 does indeed have a -3db gain setting and I keep the "low" gain set to that position 90% of the time.

As for the sensitivity difference between EX3 and the 300, in my comparison, the difference is no more than 1/2 to barely a whole stop in favor of the EX, hardly enough to quibble over in most situations and not enough to promote a noise differential. Frankly, I am not a fan of the Sony Ex "look" and when you couple that with the terrible ergonomics of the Ex series, the value of the 1/2" chip fades quickly, IMO. And that, coupled with the bevy of accessories required to make the camera just barely ergonomically acceptable and or the costly external device required to improve upon its data rate, are what prompted me to sell the Ex3 in favor of the 300, a decision that established its righteousness from the moment that I opened the box.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]