PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: Can TAPELESS be used for litigation support video?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ned Miller
Re: Can TAPELESS be used for litigation support video?
on Dec 1, 2009 at 3:39:19 am

Hi Noah,

Thanks for your opinion, which is the way I also think, but it is based on logic, whereas litigation is based on "The Law". I'm trying to find out if The Law would consider the P2 card "the original" and if so it would be cost prohibitive. I think it may be safer to just shoot on old betacam. Since it is an all day handheld shoot I was hoping to get by with the much lighter 300. At least with beta there's an original to keep and label. I know from doing stills for litigation the original card is inviolate, it MUST be preserved, as we did with tapes, so it seems just mentioning that the "original" was erased will open a can of worms.

I also have a post on the Yahoo Legal Video Group site, but they're probably still shooting in DV or HDV so they may not know what tapeless means. They'd have no reason to upgrade to HD for their client base. By the way, for any knowledgeable folks thinking of responding I forgot to say I am in Illinois because state law matters.

Best regards,

Ned

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]