PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Can TAPELESS be used for litigation support video?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ned Miller
Can TAPELESS be used for litigation support video?
on Nov 30, 2009 at 11:12:10 pm

I am a DP with a HPX300 and will be filming a Day-in-the-Life cinema verite documentary this Thursday of an unfortunate child who is now totally paralyzed due to malpractice. I have done quite a few of these over the years with video (betacam & DV) but now am wondering if I can go tapeless. I am certified by the American Guild of Court Videographers and they hammered into us the importance of what's called "Chain of Custody", meaning the opposing side can demand to see the "originals".

So...before I bring the issue up with the attorney client I was wondering if anyone on this forum has had experience with this touchy issue. I imagine when I tell the client about transferring from a P2 card and then reformatting his solution will be to keep the P2 cards, until I tell him the cost. I don't think they will want something this important stored on a hard drive for a couple of years, especially when the material on the hard drive can not be considered "original", can it? This seems like a benefit of Sony's XDCAM disk system I guess.

When I have done litigation support using stills they bought and kept the flash memory card, but those are nothing compared to P2.

Thanks for your advice.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]