PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: P2 back-up/archiving solutions...???

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Woody Retherford
Re: P2 back-up/archiving solutions...???
on Jun 23, 2009 at 10:38:28 pm

I am on Avid so I don't have the 2 types of file problem but I back up everything to a good firewire drive immediately; and to 50 GB Blu-Ray disc, when I have the time. I ,too, shoot long form and the hard drives can add up even when they are 1 TB drives. I'll say one thing, as a shooter I have become more efficient because of the back-up issue(I don't want to back up a bunch of bad camera moves or just bad shots). I also try to delete any bad footage in the field(or the hotel room at night) if I'm sure it is something unusable.
In the field I use a couple of passport portable hard drives but these are for temporary storage to free up the cards and the firestore. The firestore posed a problem because it holds so much. I usually separate the different shots into smaller segments using the P2 content management software and put them in individual folders(as Day 1 am shots and Day 1 pm shots or whatever works)I try to keep the folders size small enough to fit on a 50Gb Blu-ray.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]