PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: Problems importing P2 files into Final Cut Pro 6.

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Simon Morice
Re: Problems importing P2 files into Final Cut Pro 6.
on Feb 19, 2009 at 11:28:18 pm

Thanks Shane and I'll pass on your greeting.

Still dumbfounded.

At the show today I was told by somebody from an Apple Solutions house that drag and drop works because FCP can work out what is needed - all part of the seven billion and eleventy three different ways Apple give us to do things. Although in this case it seems not to do anything more helpful than put FCP into a loop from which there is no graceful exit.

The message about the translation document (XML stuff?) apparently means that the codec was not properly installed. So I reninstalled it.

In fact I have reinstalled all the various P2 driver doodads I could find and have also removed the Sony SxS card driver which apparently cannot coexist (http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/193/874346) with P2 (funny that!).

After all of this Log and Transfer still fails to work.

From all the vids I have seen import should be a very simple process yet something is preventing it.

Log and Transfer continues to work fine with XDCAM yet nothing is visible for P2 data.

I thought it might be good to reinstall Quicktime (not from update but from a full download so I can roll it back if needs be) and to top off my tale of woe, from my current location in London the Apple site keeps timing out. London isn't the same since Boris became mayor.

I am soooooo relaxed about this!

Is there a set of instructions which describe the precise requirements for what should be there and what must be removed?

There must be some conflict somewhere to give me this degree of clusterlovliness.

Regards

S

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]