PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Only get audio on Log & Transfer - no picture

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

D. Scott Dobbie
Only get audio on Log & Transfer - no picture
on Feb 15, 2009 at 8:30:32 pm

My client is now in Florida - I'm in L.A. He was out here for a shoot last week where I used my HVX-200. I transferred the footage from the P2 cards, using the PCMCIA slot of my PowerMac G4, onto his firewire 800 drive with a backup onto my firewire 800 drive. The equivalent of eight 8GB cards. I also confirmed that the byte count was exactly the same for the Contents folder after each transfer. All footage was shot 720p/24pN.

All the "cards" are visible to him except one. Using FCP, he initiates a Log & Transfer. But he says he only gets audio - no video, from any of the 27 clips on that card. All the other cards transferred fine for him.

I checked my backup version and fortunately everything's great.

My workaround will be to burn that folder of the P2 card onto 2 data DVD's and Fedex those to him. But I wanted to check to see if anyone had any suggestions - anything I'm overlooking - before I take the time and expense for the burn and ship. Similarly, I want to be prepared should anything like this ever happen to me.

Thanks!

-Scott

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]