PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: Underwater Housing

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris Clephane
Re: Underwater Housing
on Nov 4, 2008 at 8:14:14 am

Bags...on the downside are also BOUYANT. They have a tendency (due to the trapped air inside the bag...and in the camera unit body) to want to float. No being rigid, it is difficult to affix counterbalancing weights to them to keep them underwater. SO its a constant fight to keep ti UNDER if you do anything other than a "quick dip below the surface...". And dont forget...while you are struffling to keep it underwater...you are also trying to frame a shot and manipulate the controls through the bag's exterior vinyl/plastic skin. Its kind of like trying to feel and individual potato chip through the outer layers of the bag in the store...just not a satisfying experience.....

That stated...bags are awesome for "shallows work", splashy activites (whale watching, kayaking, whitewater rafting) downhill skiing and snowy activities...although they get brittle and less malleable below certain temperatures....

Interrupted again...be back later....

I edit video. I post sometimes.
I fix things. I eat marshmallows.
I play drums. I drink scotch.
I like TV.

Done typing now.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]