PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: Ridiculous!

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Alex D'Eath
Re: Ridiculous!
on Oct 31, 2008 at 3:05:32 pm

I have a workflow that I have been using for the last 18 months on dozens of shoot with no issues. I have an MBP running 10.4.11, FCP 5.1.4. I use P2CMS and their P2Card Formatter Software.

When a card fills up I insert said card into my dual adapter and drag and drop the clips into a "reel" folder on an external fw400 drive. When the transfer is complete I eject the card and open the folder inside P2 CMS to verify that the clips look and sound okay. I then reinsert the P2 card and and reformat using the Panny software, eject the card one more time hand it back to my DP to go back into the card rotation. I then make a copy of my "reel" onto a second fw400 drive that is daisy chained to the first drive. When I get back to our studios I copy all the reels onto some Seagate 750 external FW400 drives log and capture onto my CalDigit HDPro tower and file the portable drives from my shoot just like tape.

This simple but effective workflow has worked flawlessly on shoots all over the country with out any issues. Many of these shoots the camera runs constantly (interviews) and I really have my hands full with offloading. I haven't had any issues disconnecting the card reader. I just make sure I eject the card before I unplug the adapter.

Hope this helps.

Alex D'Eath
alex@spacecityfilms.com
Operations Manager
Space City Films, Inc
Above & Beyond.....

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]