PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: HpX170P Import P2 log and transfer/SDHC Cards

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shane Ross
Re: HpX170P Import P2 log and transfer/SDHC Cards
on Oct 14, 2008 at 1:00:05 am

[jarrod Allen] "Can the HPX170P record to the SCHC Card? "

No. This camera records to P2 cards only. For a camera that records to the flash cards, you need to look at the HC150...that records in the AVCHD format to those cards.

[jarrod Allen] "While using log and transfer in FCP Studio 2 the 720p footage would not play smoothly. it studdars durring play back so i cant view the footage i want to log. "

Depending on the speed of the drive you are playing it back from, this will occur. This interface is merely for seeing what you have.

[jarrod Allen] "The P2 card currently has 720p and 480i footage on it. could that be messing with my system?"

Nope. Only when you go to mix the formats. Then, if the frame rates differ, you can have issues.

Self taught eh? Look at this tutorial:

P2 Workflow with FCP 6

But bear in mind it is a little old so information is inaccurate. Dragging the card contents via the Finder is now a big no no...as files can get lost or corrupt (something I figured out after the tutorial was made), so you need to use offloading software like P2CMS or SHOTPUT P2.

And read Barry's book that came with the camera.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]