PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

p2 footage lost

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Joshua Rudolph
p2 footage lost
on Aug 17, 2008 at 5:08:42 pm

Hey cow members,

I have recently downloaded my p2 cards to an external drive. It created the standard p2 folders: AUDIO, CLIP, ICON, PROXY, VIDEO, VOICE and the Lastclip.txt.

Using Final Cut Pro 5.1.4
I went to file import and chose Panasonic P2, a previous set of clips were already in that import window. I selected the clips and pressed delete thinking to just remove them from that import window. However this deleted the contents of the entire P2 folder but left the folder structure.

I did a Data Rescue 2 on the drive and it found some QT files with the exact dimensions and properties as the footage we shot. But these QT files do not open in FCP. It opened in QT but only played black but the infomation said it was the same as our footage. Has anyone encountered this or know about how to convert these files back to the p2 format or is there a better software recovery program? My guess is that the data rescue misinterpreted the p2 files and saw them as QT. I'm at a loss at this point. Any help would be great. Thanks

-Joshua Rudolph

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]