PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: WA effect question

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Rennie Klymyk
Re: WA effect question
on Aug 10, 2008 at 6:20:49 pm

If the Cavision .6 wa doesn't do this I'm getting one! The scene you pointed to has a lot of parallel lines and perhaps this aids in the effect. Any wa lens should do it but perhaps a rectilinear lens would be best. A rectilinear lens is highly corrected for zero barrel distortion from edge to edge and are made for architectural work primarily. All straight lines in a scene always remain perfectly straight.

Because of the characteristics of a wide angle lens to add space or dimension to an object and the way it usually appears more pronounced near the edges of the frame, those exaggerated dimensions must travel faster optically during pans or tilts than the center of the image and so we get this effect. Any wide angle lens should do it and the wider the better. You have the widest option available for the HVX200 (with out going to a fisheye) so you are basically at your limits. However you could use a 35mm lens add on like the red rock micro DOF converter with a lens like a 14mm nikkor to go wider with the HVX200 and not have the fisheye distortion. I think the older 14mm nikkors were rectilinear also.

I would take the cavision to a place with lots of tall buildings and try some more shots, I would think you should get the effect at least to some degree.

"thou can not stir a flower without crumbling a star" ......Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:
  • WA effect question by Robert Moix on Aug 10, 2008 at 5:26:13 pm
    • Re: WA effect question by Rennie Klymyk on Aug 10, 2008 at 6:20:49 pm

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]