PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: 1394 Firewire Problem

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

George Burbano
Re: 1394 Firewire Problem
on Jul 7, 2008 at 1:09:53 am

I get an occasional problem also connecting the camera with the computer. On my powerbook though I use the PCMCIA port, but Im assuming you are using one of the newer mac-pros.. which use expresscard slot. You can purchase an express card PCMCIA card reader by the way, I know some guys who use them and bought them for $60..

I would reinstall the P2 Driver for the camera, reboot the computer, then turn the powerbook off, camera off, plug the fw cable to both, turn the camera on first, hit the MCR button, the thumbnails appear, then turn the computer on, once booted, press and hold the MCR button, see if it connects then.. Before you do all this though, plug another FW device in, and see if it works.. then you can rule out any problems with the port itself. It sounds like a software issue. Also make sure you have the new drivers installed if you are using the 16gb cards or greater. There are different drivers for the newer cards..

Hope that helps,

George

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]