PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: need direction! - migration away from DigiBeta SD

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Kim Rowley
Re: need direction! - migration away from DigiBeta SD
on Jun 16, 2008 at 7:32:06 am

As always, thanks David and John. I m going to start voicing all of these ideas this week within our organization. It's incredible David how our workflows are so similar. We, for the same reason as you, don't tie up our edit bays with the encoding and authoring process.

We archive all Digital Beta Masters (which is usually) the same copy as the one used for encoding. We also archive EDL's and on particularly complex projects we'll save the different audio channels before mixdown to CD's. Sometimes too we'll output a Digital Beta master with audio tracks kept separately.

We also shotlist and archive all raw footage. The shotlist is done with Imagine Product's WinTEP. Then that data is dumped into Access for now where we have a makeshift database which allows for very basic searches (date, place, names ecc) all dependent on how specific the shotlist was done. We are a small shop of dedicated people but the archiving side of things is a mammoth task. We are currently researching archive solutions to put everything on server. Just that research in and of itself is time consuming. I'd love to hear how you are going about this if you get time...

So up til now the Kona solution seems like the best option. I'd have to see then though the best way of archiving the HD Master without buying a HD CAM recorder. I don't know anything about that end of things yet. That is (now that the SD DigiBeta master is taken care of) once I've finished my edit what is the best way to output and archive the tapeless HD master?

Have a great week!

Dual 2.7 GHz G5, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon 9650, Xserve RAID, AJA IO, 2 20" Cinema Display, FCP Studio 2 (6.02), OS X10.4.11

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]