PANASONIC HVX - HPX: Panasonic HVX - HPX Series Panasonic Varicam Panasonic AG-DVX Series

HPX500 Backfocus HELP!

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill Thomas
HPX500 Backfocus HELP!
on May 29, 2008 at 3:48:32 am

After about 5 or 6 hours of shooting, I've noticed my backfocus going out and I can't figure out why!!

I've searched the web and found various ways to set backfocus and even when I thought it was set perfectly, a few of my interviews were soft. I constantly check focus - even between questions - and I was monitoring on the small LCD. Maybe that was my downfall, I probably should have used the viewfinder for critical focus.

But even still, there was no obvious change from the previous shot to the soft-focus shot; the backfocus screw was still tight, I hadn't used macro at all, the lighting was the same.
In any case, I've read in many places that this camera and the basic lens has issues with holding backfocus. Some guys talk about setting it 10 times a day because their wide shots aren't as crisp as they want.
Any ideas on what could be causing this? I think I set my old betacam D30 maybe 5 years ago and backfocus hasn't budged AT ALL on that camera.
Any procedures for setting the best backfocus? Some things I've read talk about having to be 75 feet away from my chart. Unfortunately , most of the time I'm in an office or small room where I have maybe 25 feet max - any ideas in there?

All help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Bill

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]